|Posted on July 20, 2012 at 8:45 PM||comments (0)|
Hello all, it's been a few months since I have had a chance to update my site. Today I had some free time to organize a lot of the photos of my tudor sedan restoration. Recently I have been working on the sheel metal like the fenders and running aprons. The guy who is painting my car and fenders, Mark, was kind enough to help me along with the process such a blasting and body working them one at a time. My girlfriend also came down the shop with me most days to help. She wet sanded a few fenders after they were painted and then Mark buffed them out.
As of right now all the fenders and aprons are painted black and on the chassis, minus the rear fenders (the are painted but mount to the body after the body is on the chassis). My girlfriend cleaned and polished the radiator shell for me and we both put the bottom piece back into the shell.
Today, I cleaned and degreased the radiator. My dad got me a can of Eastwood's Radiator paint, Satin Black Finish, so I painted it and it came out close to looking like a new radiator! (pictures of it in the project gallery) the last thing i did today was re-mount the repainted radiator and shell. The radiator shell is just on to test fit everything. Top insert still hasn't been painted yet (body color).
Thank to all who read my posts and follow my progress!
A kind model a'er came up to me a few weeks ago at the July Bay State Antique Auto Show and said I looked familiar and he told me that he has been following my site for some time now and enjoys it. This made a feel really good about what I do. Im truely glad people follow my site. I can be terrible with names and forgot the guys name, but if your him please shoot me and email or leave a comment Please.